Custom Stone Veneers
The Top Benefits of Stone Veneer Siding
Are you thinking about using stone veneer for your home project, but you’re not quite sure what it is? Are you wondering if there are any benefits to choosing this type of material?
Let’s find out: What is stone veneer, and what are the benefits of stone veneer siding installation?
First of All, What is Stone Veneer?
Stone veneer is a thin layer of stone that is often used as a decorative facing material. It is not meant to be load bearing.
Manufactured stone veneer is sometimes referred to as faux stone. It is a man-made material designed to look like real stone siding, and is used in a variety of applications. It might be used as an interior statement wall or as a beautiful exterior facade.
Benefits of Stone Veneer
Wondering why you should choose stone veneer? Let’s take a look at some of the advantages.
- It can be installed on nearly any surface: brick, wood, metal, cement, sheetrock…
- It is lighter than many other building materials, particularly the stone it is meant to emulate.
- It costs less money than real stone siding.
- Stone veneer is easier to get to the job site because it is so lightweight.
- This type of siding is both durable and low maintenance.
- Stone veneer siding installation will add value to your home.
- It is non-combustible, so it’s a great choice for fireplace surrounds.
- This type of siding is built to last.
- It’s beautiful; every stone has meticulous detailing for an authentic stone look.
When you choose COVIS, you can rest easy knowing that our hardscaping contractors have more than 45 years of implementing stone veneer projects and many other custom hardscape design needs.
Is Stone Veneer Appropriate for Your Home?
Now that you know a little bit about what stone veneer is and why it may be a great choice for your home, contact us to schedule your free estimate today.